4.13.2011

Malia is going to have a little.....

.....

We found out last Wednesday that Malia would be the proud big sister of a...... (haha must read entire post to find out)

As you all know, and if you don't by now, get out from under the rock- Keoni is in Charlottesville until May 4th. There was no way he would get out of class and make it back to Richmond for our ultrasound on Tuesday. The thought of finding out the sex and telling Keoni over the phone just seemed, well wrong and uneventful... so I WAITED. Yes, folks, I WAITED. I had the ultrasound tech, who was super sweet, put the gender pictures in a separate envelope for us to open together as a family on Wednesday. She said this was the most romantic thing she heard all week. Let me tell you my friends, it was the longest 24 hours I've had in a while- more exciting than the night before your birthday or Christmas Eve! I was so tempted that I locked the envelope in the car overnight-I knew I was not going to go hiking out in my pj's to take a sneak peek.

After work on Wednesday, Malia and I raced to Charlottesville (okay, not too fast, I do have a 17 month old and I'm pregnant- but fast enough to pass the time away). ** Side note- does it frustrate anyone else when K-Love does their 'week long' funding promotions- drives me NUTS- might be why we drove a little faster** Keoni worked out with a buddy so we waited around (I took pictures) for Keoni to get his butt back to the hotel room- I don't know if he fully understood the amount of self control I used to not open that envelope, but it sure felt like he took his sweet time getting back to the room.

I wasn't sure honestly, when we were going to open the envelope. I thought maybe over dinner, or dessert. But, as soon as Keoni walked through the door, he said 'let's find out'. Ahhh I was thrilled! It was about time! However, before we opened the secret envelope, I showed Keoni the first set of non gender pictures- the adorable profile, hands, feet, and face. This little person definitely has a little Malia nose. Keoni then quickly took his pocket knife and cut through the tape on all sides of the envelope- without peeking I might add. We thought it would be a special moment if Malia found out before mommy and daddy. Keoni opened the envelope and she said " bahh bahh dee daaa"- AHHH yes, we know the sex- don't you!? Keoni and I quickly tuned the envelope around to us and saw these words.... " It's a GIRL". We told Malia she was going to have a baby sister, and I kid you not, she stood up on the bed, put her two little hands into fists, and started screaming and jumping on the bed. You can take her interpretation both ways- 'yeah I'm so excited for a baby sister" or "a baby sister? I wanted a brother, do I have to share my toys now?" but we decided she was really excited to find out she is going to have a baby sister.

I'm still on cloud 9~ I'm so excited to be raising another God fearing woman (itty bitty baby). Malia has been such a joy, that I knew having another girl would be just be another huge blessing to Keoni and me. I'm also excited because I guessed the sex right this time- Keoni thought this was going to be a little dude- but my pregnancy symptoms where JUST like Malia... and I was right! I only rub it in every now and then, but hey, I'm allowed to- Keoni guessed Malia right, which makes us both 1-0.

And of course, here are some pictures documenting the exciting event:

(daddy, where are you?)

(can we play basketball while we wait for daddy?)



(i'm so excited)



(pink envelope with non-gender pictures and blue envelope with the big surprise)



(profile with little Malia's nose!)




(IT'S A GIRL!!- note, Keoni would flip if there was a 'naked' butt shot on the internet)





(Malia checking out her baby sister- melts my heart!)


So, next time you see Malia, ask her about her little baby sister- she will do one of the following- lift up her shirt, try to lift up my shirt, give my belly button her 'ba ba' (passie) or share her milk cup with my belly- all super cute and adorable actions that make me fall more in love with my daughter!

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations!! I'm soo excited for you guys!! :)
    ~Diamend

    ReplyDelete