Can't believe that 5 years ago today, Keoni asked me to marry him. Not a day goes by that I'm not reminded how lucky I am to have met my soul mate at such an early age. We have experienced so many things in the past few years that have made us into the strong couple I believe we are today. April 15th was one of the best days of my life.
I don't know how many people have video and pictures of their engagement, but I'm luckily enough to have both. Keoni was extremely thoughtful and had everyone prepared for the big event. In case you want to read all about it, I've copied what I wrote for our wedding website years ago (don't laugh):
Every Easter, Meghann's family goes to Keyser, WV. This is where her great grandparents have lived their entire lives. Every Saturday before Easter, the great grandchildren have an elaborate Easter egg hunt. Normally, each cousin has an egg with their name written on it. This year, the special eggs were empty. In past years, they were filled with gold dollar coins. Once all the Easter eggs were found, the kids were allowed to trade in the special egg for a candy/gift bag. All the kids got bags and they all waited patiently to open them. Meghann began to open her bag and noticed a big golden egg. Never once did she know what was about to happen. She started to take the egg out of the bag to open it, but Keoni took the egg from her. Keoni tends to always take Meghann's things and open them for her so needless to say; Meghann was a bit upset when he started to open her egg. Meghann then saw Keoni take out a red ring box and get down on one knee. Then Keoni asked, "Will you marry me?" Meghann was already crying when she first noticed that Keoni was going to propose. He had to ask again "Well, will you?" Needless to say, she said yes!! The entire family was thrilled!
Can you tell I was super excited to tell the world how we got engaged :)
Anywho, here are a few pictures from the proposal from 5 years ago today...



Thank you Keoni for asking me to marry you. You asked me one of the most important questions of my life, and it was by far, the easiest answer I've ever had to give.
I love you Keoni!!

No comments:
Post a Comment