2.25.2011

Part Time Treat

So I decided I needed to treat myself for getting to this exciting point in my 'career' where I officially go PART TIME. I went back and forth- a new purse, shoes, trip, anything to treat myself for this long awaited accomplishment. Before I share my little treat, I want to share what led us to this 'career' change!

The summer of 2007 was a crazy one. Keoni and I graduated from WVU in May, became husband and wife in June and started our fun filled adventure to Richmond in August. Keoni enrolled as a full time law student at UR and I started my first 'big girl job' as a Constituent Services Representative for our Congressman. I worked full time as Keoni went to school. In November of 2009, we were blessed with our baby girl Malia. After taking 8 weeks of maternity leave, I knew going part time was something I wanted, and wanted it immediately. Unfortunately, this wasn't something we could financially swing, plus I had a signed contract to stay till May once my student loans were paid off. So, May 2010 rolls around, and the option to go part time has arrived. Then reality set in- Keoni was studying for the bar and wouldn't be available to work until August. Oh and on top of everything else, the job market went down the tubes. Fortunately, after falling on our knees several nights praying that doors would open for Keoni to get a job. That door finally opened-Keoni got a job offer to become a JAG Officer in the United States Army. We were elated; however the job wouldn't start till February....

Which brings us to where we are today. Today is my LAST full week, my LAST Friday in the office, the LAST work day that stands in my way of becoming part time.

What will I be doing in my 'free time'?! Standing back in amazement, watching my precious daughter be a kid. I've so looked forward to this period in my life where I can be the stay at home mom that I've always dreamed of becoming, and the dream becomes a reality at 5:01pm!

So, this if what I've decide to treat myself to : the Tiffany Twist Ring by Tiffany & Co. I plan to wear this ring all the time- to daily remind myself of the accomplishments and sacrifices made to get us to where we are today!

I realize that a true blog post is not an official blog post without a picture. This picture sums up why I've wanted to be a stay at home mom since Friday, November 6th at 5:21pm.


3 comments:

  1. I'm soo excited for you! I know that you deserve this! Pryaing for you in this next chapter of your lives :)
    ~Diamend

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats to you on reaching your goal! I'm sure it will be well worth the wait to be a part time stay at home mom. You will love every minute of it! Love the treat you picked by the way! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay Meghann!!! Really can't wait to see you and that precious baby bump of yours soon! :)

    ReplyDelete