3.07.2011

'sweet sixteen' (must say title like MTV's sweet sixteen intro)

Yesterday was March 6.
Yesterday, my baby girl turned 16 months.
Yesterday, our growing baby bear turned 16 weeks.

Malia update:

She is enjoying being a toddler. Her new favorite thing is to push the buttons on the elevator while we are visiting daddy in Charlottesville. We are on the second floor and 9 times out of 10, she wants to ride the elevator. And as luck would have it, the alarm button is the lowest button to hit. Clearly a mother did not invent elevator button placement.


She had a bad teething spell the past week or so- four teeth to be exact- two on top, two on the bottom, with a grand total of 10 pearly whites! With the addition of the new teeth, I have made teeth brushing a routine habit. Malia enjoys listening to Raffi sing Brush Your Teeth- super cute- she even does a little hand brushing movement when the song goes 'You brush your teeth ch ch ch ch, ch ch ch ch....'

At her 15 month check up (sorry no results were posted) she finally reach the 20 pound bench mark!!! We've decided to still keep her rear facing because she is so petite. The car seat we purchased 2-3 months ago allows for rear facing up to 45 pounds- Malia will be in kindergarten

Baby update:

I am completely over the morning/all day sickness. Things are pretty back to normal- minus the ever growing belly. I'm still shocked that I'm already into some maternity clothes and I'm only 16 weeks. I don't think I started showing with Malia until closer to 20 weeks! I remind myself that I'm showing earlier because my body has already 'stretched'- it's sorta like your favorite pair of jeans that stretch with each use, until you wash them- except when I shower, I don't shrink, I just wonder how much longer I will see my toes.


I have an OB appointment on Friday for a normal check-up then we schedule to find out the sex! It's crazy to think that next month, April, we will find out if we are having a girl or boy. For the record, I'm thinking girl, Keoni thinks boy- Keoni was right the first time around!




On a final note, I was tagged in this picture Wednesday afternoon. Needless to say, Malia was too tired for lunch....




(ps- sorry for the crazy spacing)

No comments:

Post a Comment