Keoni graduated from LAW SCHOOL on May 8th. I have waited 3 years to see my husband walk across the stage to receive his degree. Keoni has worked so hard the past three years studying, writing briefs, studying, spading, studying, publishing articles, studying, etc. did I mentioned studying? Saturday was a very emotional day, and I couldn't have been more proud of my husband. While the past three years have not always been easy, especially since they coincide with the first three years of marriage, I wouldn't have wanted to live it any other way! Keoni, we are so proud of all you have accomplished!


The same weekend Keoni graduated from law school was also Mother's Day weekend! Keoni and I were in totally agreement that while I was pregnant with 'baby bear' last mother's day, it wasn't my first mother's day. This year, was my first official mother's day celebration. It started early on Sunday morning with breakfast in bed... both for myself and Malia. That morning at church, we dedicated Malia to the Lord. It was important for us to dedicate Malia and not baptise, because we feel baptism is a choice she needs to make. We dedicated her in front of the entire church congregation and promised to teach and disciple her in the Lord. Following the dedicated, we went back to my parents for a cookout. We still had Keoni's family and some of mine in for Keoni's graduation. I felt honored to spend mother's day with my mom and grandmother! Malia and Keoni surprised me with an adorable picture frame collage and poem, as well as a BEAUTIFUL pendant with Malia's birthstone... I was definitely spoiled.


I also took off an entire week from work following Keoni's graduation. I wanted to be able to spend some down time just the three of us doing whatever we felt like doing. It was important for me to spend time with Keoni before it came time to study for the bar.
The weekend following my week off from work, Keoni and I spent some time way at The Homestead. My family has been going their for years, and this was Keoni's first time. Little Malia had her first sleepover with Grandma, Granddad and Auntie Malia. I'm pleased to say that I only called 3 times!

Keoni and I had a wonderful time together at The Homestead. This was our way of reconnecting and refocusing who we are as a couple. Keoni scheduled us a very nice afternoon at the spa followed by a fabulous dinner in the ballroom with dancing. Keoni and I agreed that we MUST take dance lessons before we go back, and we are going back, just not sure when.

In between all of the events, Malia has not only started eating rice cereal, but she is also eating solids... she is now eating: carrots, squash, sweet potatoes, green beans, prunes and bananas. Luckily, she has not had an allergic reaction to the foods and doesn't seem to mind eating the veggies.


I promise to write more in the coming months!! Thanks for reading!
No comments:
Post a Comment